PDA

View Full Version : Nigger Toes!

Ariovistus
09-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Hello loose association!

Just a short story today.. this was related to me by my dear father, now in his mid-70's.

About 10 years ago, before my grandmother passed on (dad's mom), dad decided to take out gramma for some sweets. Grandpa had died many years ago, and so dad looked after gramma, like a decent human.

Anyways, near the house was this really cool candy store. They made all their candy, chocolate and ice creams by hand at the store. Just walking in got you salivating, and they had been in business since my father was small, back in the 1930's.

So gramma and dad walk in and gramma is just pleased as punch that she's out with her son and they're gonna get some sweets, just like back in the 1930's.

There's a sheboon working the counter (no, not making the sweets, just running the register) and she mumbles something like 'Whatchoo wan?'

Gramma takes her time looking over the racks and racks of awesome sweets and then says:

"I'll have a bag of those nigger-toes right there."

The sheboon just stopped cold, stunned, then went from zero to Cat4 chimpout in 1.2 seconds.

Gramma looked at my dad and said loudly: "But, that's what they're CALLED!" Which only increased the hilarity.

Dad got pissed off at the sheboon and demanded the bag of nigger-toes (chocolate covered pralines, I think), and said that Gramma didn't know them by any other name other than that. The white guy manager came over smiling and said that he would take care of it, and that the sheboon should go take a break. The sheboon stomped off.

After the sheboon was gone, the YT manager said that that name (nigger-toes) went out of useage about 30 years ago, but that he still had elderly customers who used it from time to time. He was laughing as he explained this to my dad and gramma and then gramma says:

"Well, I ain't using anything other than nigger-toes! I'll be damned if that niggress will treat me like that!"

Dad and gramma left after that and, I assume, enjoyed their nigger-toes all the way home.

I really miss my gramma... she was a firecracker and wouldn't hesitate to tell you where the bear shit in the buckwheat. She hated niggers, too... with a burning passion.

ObongoLips
09-01-2010, 07:03 PM
:rofl

Great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Your family sound like fine people. -cheers

Crashdown
09-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Excellent!

CoonTownYT
09-01-2010, 09:05 PM
My dad always called Brazil nuts nigger toes.

ObongoLips
09-01-2010, 09:27 PM

I still call them that. Unless I am with mixed company and refer to them as 'African~American toes'. Much to the chagrin of others. :jest

Justin Igger
09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah I grew up calling them nigger toes because of my grandparents..

We also called those bottlerockets with the sticks cut off...nigger chasers it even said that on the box.

tweakstick
09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
She used to call the brazil nuts nigger toes and even had a dog named Nigger Joe. She didn't hate anyone, niggers included but she was very wary of them. She called them niggers but honestly didn't understand that it is offensive to them to do so (when we do it). I think if she did, she wouldn't have called them that but she sure as hell wouldn't have called them African Americans.

whodatdog
09-01-2010, 10:22 PM

That is one thing that my whole family agrees on and if people dont like it, too bad. Last holiday season we were shopping and in the produce section. My wife asked me to get some pecans and walnuts for some holiday baking. My son, sitting in the cart. asked if he could have something. when i asked him what he wanted, he said " can we get some nigger toes" pointing at the brazil nuts. I froze as i just knew there would be some fallout. Then i realized people were chuckling including my wife so i looked around and most were looking at my boy smiling except for this one rogue sow who was giving him ( a 4 y.o.) dirty looks. My wife noticed her giving our son the death stare so she grabs a plastic bag and walks over to the bin and asked him "how many of dem toes do you want?"with that evil little smirk of hers. LOL the sow was so infuriated that she grabs her chillin and goes to check out because she "dont has to put up wit dat sheeit". LOL In my family they will always be nigger toes..pc police be damned.

bull9180
09-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah we always called those chocolate drops nigger toes. Hell to this day my uncles still goes into the store asking for nigger toes. Of course he still calls all of them niggers to their face. :) he sees nothing wrong with it because as he says thats what they are.

ThinWhiteLine
09-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Hello loose association!

:rofl

Out of Detroit
09-02-2010, 04:33 AM
I honestly never heard of that. Maybe it's because I'm a lifelong northerner.

Still, that was pretty hilarious! Screw the PC police.

Niggers--thick skulls and thin skins.

Dwight Mansburden
09-02-2010, 04:53 AM
Out here on the upper left coast, as a kid, we also had "nigger toes"...aka Brazil Nuts. :marvin :lol

Count Niggula
09-02-2010, 05:29 AM
I affiliated with a small cadre of public safety workers who loathed spooks. We called ourselves the "Nigger Toe Gang" - NTG4Life. We walked around with Brazil nuts in our pockets and would flash them at each other in passing, giggling our asses off as we did it.

Da trooff
09-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Learned to call them nigger toes by my grandfather when I was young.

I also used to get a bag of some sort :nigletof chocolate Carmelish candies shaped like babies, they where called and the bag was labeled "nigger babies" that was back in the early 70's used to be one of my favorite candies... Wish they still sold them.

Southern Belle
09-02-2010, 03:44 PM
My mother was very gentle...she never saw fault in anyone..but she called brazil nuts nigger toes all the time. I guess it is a southern thing.

I stopped in a candy store a few years back and got her some chocolate covered nigger toes once..Told her these were the kind with the skin still on..

haywood
09-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Learned to call them nigger toes by my grandfather when I was young.

I also used to get a bag of some sort :nigletof chocolate Carmelish candies shaped like babies, they where called and the bag was labeled "nigger babies" that was back in the early 70's used to be one of my favorite candies... Wish they still sold them.

I remember "nigger babies"! We must be the same age!:darwin:what

MartinLutherCoon
10-06-2011, 05:18 AM
I never knew what a Brazil nut was until I was about 15 years old and I went into the produce section of the grocery store and saw a sign over the nigger toes that said "Brazil Nuts". Up until that point I didn't know them by any other name than nigger toes. My grandfather used to get some type of chocolate covered drops that had a white cream filling and he called them nigger tits. I think they had some other name, like milk drops or something, but nigger tits was a better description of the candy.

Shitavious_Turdell
10-06-2011, 01:42 PM
My family also called them that. For that reason though I could never eat them, because seriously the thought of niggers toes makes me want to be sick!!

White Dutchess
10-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Good for Grandma. My grandparents and even my mother call them nigger toes. Fuck the sheboon, I wish niggers would just get used to being called what they are!

Tahlet
10-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Gramma takes her time looking over the racks and racks of awesome sweets and then says:

"I'll have a bag of those nigger-toes right there."

The sheboon just stopped cold, stunned, then went from zero to Cat4 chimpout in 1.2 seconds.

Gramma looked at my dad and said loudly: "But, that's what they're CALLED!" Which only increased the hilarity.

:win