PDA

View Full Version : Ray-cist fireworks!

Jubal Early
09-19-2008, 06:17 AM
As a kid, I seem to remember a firework called a "Nigger-Chaser". It looked like a 3-4 inch long red M-80 with the words "Nigger-Chaser" and a picture of a little Sambo kid running imprinted on it. When it's fuse was lit it behaved like a bottle rocket without the stabilizing stick. Maybe some of you older forum members might remember this. I tried a Google image search with no results.

Sha'Queefer
09-19-2008, 07:54 AM
i would love to see that! how awesome

RetiredFarmEquipment
09-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Nigger chasers are now called "Whistling chasers" and you can still buy them.
Much like "Nigger Shooters" the name has been niggerfuxated. :(

Clorox
09-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Anyone else call Brazil nuts "Nigger toes"? My sainted mother (God rest her soul) called them that when I was just a tyke. I remember being absolutely freaked out the first time I heard that, thinking they were actually the toes of a nigger.

SST
09-19-2008, 01:05 PM
In the 1960s we had some that were called "Texas Twisters", but were usually called nigger chasers. I can even remember cardboard signs tacked up on fireworks stands that listed them as nigger chasers 3 for a dollar.

Hoo-D-Deee
09-19-2008, 03:09 PM
We always called them nigger chasers, a tire club was called a "nigger beater"

for a while they were called "red Rat-Chasers"

Nigger toes!!! OMFG funny story.

A friend of mine told me a story about bringing a nigger school friend home to his parents house, his mom offered a bowl of 'Nigger Toes" to the spade and his reply was; "No thank you, I have 10 of my own"

True? I do not know, funny as hell though!

SoopaFly
09-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I think we should get a few of those and see if they really work.

:chaingun

Shistang DeBupmo X
09-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Ah...memories! My fellow young miscreants and I would get bored with shooting the bottle rockets skyward and say "Lets make nigger chasers!!!" Break about 3/4 of the stem off the bottle rockets and send them bouncing from curb to curb down the street. Back then we used to shoot off hundreds of "Dixie Boy" firecrackers as well (the one with the pickaninny eating watermelon on the label). Wish I had saved those labels; the original ones are valuable these days. Who knew?

Shistang DeBupmo X
09-20-2008, 05:19 PM
This one might be a bit off-topic, but my childhood memory gears are running in my head now. There was a standard thing in my neighborhood when one of us got all pissy over something and started acting like Eric Cartman. Say, for instance, we're playing softball in the vacant lot and someone get's po'ed over a called strike, or something. This would usually end up with the kid in question (let's call him Johnny) angrily telling us we were all cheaters, or whatever, and announcing that he was going home.

Well, as he walked away from us down the street, the rest of us would gather and sing loudly at him:

"Johnny's mad, and I am glad,

And I know what'll please him!

A bottle of wine, to make him shine,

And two little niggers to squeeze him!"

This was sung, as I recall, vaguely to the tune of "Polly Wolly Doodle".

I've always been curious if this was a localized thing, or widespread. We're talking early sixties here, btw.

NoNiggers
09-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Anyone else call Brazil nuts "Nigger toes"? My sainted mother (God rest her soul) called them that when I was just a tyke. I remember being absolutely freaked out the first time I heard that, thinking they were actually the toes of a nigger.

I was out of high school before I found out they were Brazil nuts! have always known them as nigger toes.
I have also lit many a nigger chaser and still call a bottle rocket with out a stick just that a nigger chaser, younger folks get quite a kick out of it!

:piss

Evolution
09-23-2008, 12:08 AM
20 years ago I went into a fireworks store in SC with a college friend. My friend asked "got any niiger chasers"? The owner said "hey, we're progressive around here, don't call them that."

I said "got any afro-american pursuers"? He said "right over here!"